At the World Ducati Week 2016, in Misano on Saturday evening, Casey Stoner and Ducati CEO Claudio Domenicali during a presentation unveiled a new limited edition 1299 Panigale S – the 1299 Panigale S Anniversario. This motorcycle is launched to celebrate the firm’s 90th anniversary.
Ducati would sell only 500 units of the 1299 Panigale S Anniversarios. It would also come in a new colour scheme inspired by Ducati’s race bikes. The 1299 Panigale S Anniversario now comes loaded with the following:
- New version of Ducati’s traction control system, called ‘EVO Traction and Wheelie Control’,
- Bosch IMU-powered lean-angle sensitive system allowing the rider to slide the rear wheel through a corner.
- Ducati’s wheelie control system that through the use of new software, is able to detect the occurrence and severity of wheelies with greater precision, to control them more precisely.
- Titanium Akrapovi? exhaust in titanium,
- Billet aluminium mirror blockoff plates,
- Cover for the hole created by removing the license-plate holder for track days.
The 1299 Panigale S Anniversario will be available from Ducati Dealerships starting in the second half of July (country specific), and will cost £23,995.