- Date of birth: 29/08/1968 at Reusel
- Height / weight : 1.88 m / 84 kg
- Sponsors: Heisterkamp, Van Loon Group, Euro, SeaVSat, Rosegaar.NL, Wilvo
- Website: http://www.vanloonracing.nl/
- 2016: 13th (2nd in stage 9)
- 2015: 4th
- 2014: 27th
- 2013: Ab. Stage 6
- 2012: 16th
- 2011: 11th
- 2010: 46th
- 2009: Ab. Stage 11
- 2016: OiLibya rally du Maroc (ab), Baja Poland (5th), Hungarian Baja (ab), ELE Rally Holland (1st).
- 2015: Baja Russia Northern Forest (5th), Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge (2nd), Qatar Sealine Rally, Pharaons Rally (7th), Baja Poland (12th), Baja Aragon (6th), OiLibya du Maroc (12th).
- 2014: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge (6th), Egypt Rally (3rd), Morocco Rally (3rd), Baja Spain.
- 2013: Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge.
- 2012: Morocco Rally, Dutch rally championship, Baja Espana, Dutch rally champion 2010, Estoril-Marrakech (11th).
Hilux Overdrive Toyota
- Mark: TOYOTA
- Model: HILUX OVERDRIVE
- Performance tuner: Overdrive/ Van Loon Racing
- Assistance: Van Loon Racing / Overdrive
- Class: T1.1: 4×4 tout-terrain modifiés essence
Erik van Loon is a busy bee. His business of meat-packing is expanding and a new, bigger plant is about to be opened in the first quarter of 2017. The new plant is a next step businesswise to Erik van Loon, the Dakar 2017 is supposed to become a next step sports wise. In the last two numbers of the Dakar, Van Loon wrote history. First by finishing fourth overall: the best result ever for a Dutchman with the cars.
In 2016 by finishing second in the grueling stage 9: the best result ever for a Dutchman in an official stage.