We all have been seeing that the Indian motorcycle market is growing fast especially the sub 400CC segment market. Yamaha being one of the pioneers in bringing the performance oriented motorcycle to India first once again pulled the rabbit out of the had with the launch of its new FZ25 a 250 CC oil cooled street biased 20 bhp motorcycle.
The new model FZ25 has been developed with a newly designed air-cooled, 249 cc, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, single-cylinder, high-torque fuel-injected engine on a lightweight frame (148 Kgs). The launch was showcased by John Abraham who revealed the new model to the public with the whole Yamaha team.
The motorcycle would be available in the market in 3 colors – Ballistic Blue, Warrior White and Knight Black.
The motorcycle boasts an aggressive stance that commands grip, attitude as well as the performance from the face. The LED headlamp provide a very mean look to the motorcycle.
You could have a look at how it looks in our walk around video below:
Some of the other features of the New FZ25:
- Good Mileage (43 km/L) & Excellent Engine Performance and improvement in fuel economy
- First LED headlight on a 250cc model in India (As of July 2016, Yamaha Motor survey), an LCD instrument cluster with a high-quality look
- Maximum power output of 20.9 PS at 8,000 rpm and maximum torque of 20.0N?m at 6,000 rpm
- An outstanding balance of acceleration performance, fuel efficiency, and eco-friendliness.
- Its lightness (148 kg) and agility, together with its riding position that conveys the model’s newness and freshness while bringing out its street fighter character
- New front and rear suspension settings
- Excellent riding comfort for single & tandem riding with a flat long seat and large foot space for both rider and pillion.
- Rear tire with specially formulated compound and lightweight wheels
- 282 mm diameter front disc and 220 mm diameter rear disc
- 14-liter fuel tank with plastic resin tank cover
- 160 mm of ground clearance
- Easy-to-grip aluminum grab-bars
We would love the get this beauty in our hands and give you a detailed review! Stay tuned! I feel this is a great start!